Our Strength is Fellowship; Our Success is Participation.
June 3, Zoom Meeting
Following an election in August of 2017, Bob was appointed in September, to serve for three years as the Director for the newly established PROBUS Ontario District 7. He was re-appointed in 2020 to serve as our District Director until May 2023.
There are 13 District Directors from across Canada on the Board of Directors. Five of these Directors are members of the Executive Committee for the Board.
At PROBUS CANADA’s AGM Zoom Meeting on May 6th of this year, Bob was elected as President of PROBUS CANADA, by the Board of Directors, for 2021-2022.
Bob was an Elementary School Teacher for 37 years with the Peel District School Board.
He taught all Grades from 1-8 and also taught in schools in all three municipalities in Peel Region: Brampton, Mississauga and Caledon.
His wife, Diane, was also an Elementary School Teacher with Peel, and they moved to Collingwood in July, 2009.
If you are interested, please contact Steve or George.
Ken Adolphe, Buck Scott and Elgin Wolfe.
If you would like some more information, please get in touch with President Mike Martynuik
(1) Fine : This is the word women use to end an argument when they are right and you need to shut up.
(2) Five Minutes : If she is getting dressed, this means a half an hour. Five minutes is only five minutes if you have just been given five more minutes to watch the game before helping around the house.
(3) Nothing : This is the calm before the storm. This means something, and you should be on your toes. Arguments that begin with nothing usually end in fine.
(4) Go Ahead : This is a dare, not permission.. Don’t Do It!
(5) Loud Sigh : This is actually a word, but is a non-verbal statement often misunderstood by men. A loud sigh means she thinks you are an idiot and wonders why she is wasting her time standing here and arguing with you about nothing. (Refer back to # 3 for the meaning of nothing.)
(6) That’s Okay : This is one of the most dangerous statements a woman can make to a man. That’s okay means she wants to think long and hard before deciding how and when you will pay for your mistake..
(7) Thanks : A woman is thanking you, do not question, or faint. Just say you’re welcome. (I want to add in a clause here – This is true, unless she says ‘Thanks a lot’ – that is PURE sarcasm and she is not thanking you at all. DO NOT say ‘you’re welcome’. That will bring on a ‘whatever’).
(8) Whatever : Is a woman’s way of saying —- off !
(9) Don’t worry about it, I’ll do it : Another dangerous statement, meaning this is something that a woman has told a man to do several times, but is now doing herself. This will later result in a man asking ‘What’s wrong?’ For the woman’s response. Refer to #3
Meetings are the first Thursday of every month, starting at 0945 am. They are held at The Royal Canadian Legion, 490 Ontario Street, Collingwood.
Probus Club of Collingwood
Membership: John Megarry, 705-445-1261