Our Strength is Fellowship; Our Success is Participation.
July 8, Zoom Meeting
When you need outstanding entertainment for adults, Chris Pilsworth is an amazing choice! Magic has taken Chris around the world. No matter where he performs, audiences love his magic. That’s why it’s not unusual to see Chris receive heartfelt standing ovations!
Some of Chris’ recent highlights include: performing at the Hard Rock Casino and headlining at the World Famous Magic Castle in Hollywood, California!
Topic: Collingwood Probus July Zoom Meeting
Start Time : Jul 8, 2021 06:55 AM
Access Passcode: vP.Aag79
The show went quite well, except for one trick that went awry when Chris made all of the participants disappear! (Not really — that was one of our less technically adept members fiddling with his mouse and accidently grabbed the screen.) Fortunately your (slightly) more adept Zoom Meister saved the day by quickly zapping his screen.
Some members are logging on early, and I think enjoying the Chat Rooms. Why not give it a shot and log on early for our next meeting? (We’re back to the 1st Thursday of the month — August 5th)
And don’t forget to check into your website (aka Wayne’s World) from time to time. Always good stuff on there, a product of Webmaster Wayne Caswill’s fertile mind!
per Probus Collingwood.
If you are interested, please contact Steve or George.
Ken Adolphe and Elgin Wolfe.
If you would like some more information, please get in touch with President Mike Martynuik
There have been many new donations and returns for our July Exchange.
Send me your selection with the book and author name. I will let you know when the selections are ready in the pickup bin out front of 111 Minnesota St. The dropoff bin is out front as well.
Once the Government loosens the restrictions we can meet inside again.. I have moved the Probus library into our front guest room. Much more pleasant and not as stinky from garage fumes.
Enjoy the upcoming summer. I will send out another email in August.
Dorte and Steve “
Good help is hard to find!
(1) Fine : This is the word women use to end an argument when they are right and you need to shut up.
(2) Five Minutes : If she is getting dressed, this means a half an hour. Five minutes is only five minutes if you have just been given five more minutes to watch the game before helping around the house.
(3) Nothing : This is the calm before the storm. This means something, and you should be on your toes. Arguments that begin with nothing usually end in fine.
(4) Go Ahead : This is a dare, not permission.. Don’t Do It!
(5) Loud Sigh : This is actually a word, but is a non-verbal statement often misunderstood by men. A loud sigh means she thinks you are an idiot and wonders why she is wasting her time standing here and arguing with you about nothing. (Refer back to # 3 for the meaning of nothing.)
(6) That’s Okay : This is one of the most dangerous statements a woman can make to a man. That’s okay means she wants to think long and hard before deciding how and when you will pay for your mistake..
(7) Thanks : A woman is thanking you, do not question, or faint. Just say you’re welcome. (I want to add in a clause here – This is true, unless she says ‘Thanks a lot’ – that is PURE sarcasm and she is not thanking you at all. DO NOT say ‘you’re welcome’. That will bring on a ‘whatever’).
(8) Whatever : Is a woman’s way of saying —- off !
(9) Don’t worry about it, I’ll do it : Another dangerous statement, meaning this is something that a woman has told a man to do several times, but is now doing herself. This will later result in a man asking ‘What’s wrong?’ For the woman’s response. Refer to #3
Meetings are the first Thursday of every month, starting at 0945 am. They are held at The Royal Canadian Legion, 490 Ontario Street, Collingwood.
Probus Club of Collingwood
Membership: John Megarry, 705-445-1261