Our Strength is Fellowship; Our Success is Participation.
The Probus Club of Collingwood, celebrates it’s 36th anniversary in October, 2023. It is the original men’s Probus Club of the Georgian Triangle, and one of the first in Ontario. Informative speakers each month combined with a membership of retired and semi-retired active men, enables us to create a place of enjoyment and fellowship in the community, emphasizing the Probus motto. We enjoy numerous trips and social events throughout the year, including golf, biking, theatre, excursions, and tours of businesses throughout Ontario.
The Mens Probus Club of Collingwood, Celebrating 36 Years
December 1, Christmas Luncheon
09:45 AM Doors open. Enjoy a coffee, engage in idle banter!
WHERE: Alpine Ski Club
*SPEAKER: Peter Lang, Air Canada Captain, Ret'd
Please see Speakers Page
REMEMBER: Be a friend, bring a friend!
ACTIVITIES and EVENTS: Please refer to our website https://www.probuscollingwood.ca/ for details on current and confirmed activities and events. Also the volunteers at the Special Events table would be pleased to assist you.
Gordon Mackay, Secretary
- Please stay home if you are feeling unwell.
– We suggest that members wear a mask in common areas and while moving about the Legion, if they wish. Once seated, eating or drinking, masks are not required.
- Try to maintain social distancing at our meetings. Your friends will thank you.
To paraphrase a line from the movie, Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid, “who are those guys?” What backgrounds are represented by the members of the Club? There are many individuals with many diverse backgrounds.
- Corporate: CEOs, Managers, Presidents
- Education: School Principals, Teachers, School Board Reps.
- Engineering: Engineers, Geophysicist, Trades
- Financial: Accountants, Bankers, Planners, Advisors, Managers, Human Resources
- Legal: Lawyers
- Medical: Dentists, Physicians, Surgeons
- Media: Broadcasting, Newsprint
- Military: Veterans, and ex servicemen, Pilots
- Sales and Marketing: Real Estate, Pharmaceuticals, Insurance, etc.
The members of the Probus Club warmly welcome guests,
visitors and walk-ins!
Get connected, Stay connected!
To read Probus Canada’s Newsletter, or anything else of interest to you, click on the link below.
Probus Christmas Luncheon
The Intricacies of Safe International Flight
But it was in his early years in the high arctic that Peter experienced first-hand the high cost, logistical difficulty and environmental hazard of providing diesel fuel for to arctic communities for power and heat; and he resolved to help find a solution. In 2008 he founded Dunedin Energy Systems, and, after investigating the available energy alternatives, Peter began leading the development of the Canadian Thermal BatteryTM , a micro nuclear power plant specifically designed and engineered to meet the unique energy needs of Canada’s northern and arctic communities. Peter is an active member of the Canadian Nuclear Society where he served 2 years on the CNS Council and co-chaired the Education and Communications committee.
Everyone is welcome. $65 pp.
Contact Doug Smith
These will be collected for the Hospital by Bud and Suzie Christensen Thanks for this.
Meetings are the first Thursday of every month, starting at 10:00 am. They are held at The Royal Canadian Legion, 490 Ontario Street, Collingwood.
Probus Club of Collingwood
Membership: Mike Martynuik, 705-422-2138